Boat rental cancellation policy
From XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX we will go out of our way to have the best possible experience on board the rental boats of our fleet. Unfortunately, circumstances are sometimes beyond our wishes, which very occasionally forces us to cancel any of the previously booked day or week charter excursions.
This page includes our reservation cancellation policy for all the different reasons that we can foresee.
- Cancellation policy due to bad weather
Before entering the subject, it must be explained that meteorology is not an exact science, especially in spring or late summer, so we cannot make a final decision until 24 hours before the start of the excursion.
In the event that the weather conditions are adverse and prevent the excursion contracted on any of our boats, we will act as follows:
1.1 We will look for an alternative date
The most logical option would be to try to find an alternative date. In the case of not being able to offer an alternative date or that clients cannot adapt their agenda to the new date, an alternative itinerary will be offered for the same day.
Even within the same day we will try to adapt the departure and arrival times to avoid possible bad weather to the best of our ability. For example, if the forecast is that it will rain continuously from 18:00 then we have a full day excursion from 12:00 to 20:00, then we will change to a new schedule from 10:00 to 18:00.
The change of date or time does not imply any reduction in the rate or conditions of the contract unless the time period of the excursion is reduced. In this case, the new rate corresponding to the new duration of the excursion would be applied.
In no case may it be decided to shorten the excursion on the go, once it has started, meaning this in a reduction of the rate.
1.2 Alternative itinerary
Sometimes it happens that the weather conditions are adverse for navigation only in a specific area of the island. Then the boat excursion will be held on a different itinerary from the one originally planned, without the possibility for customers to choose the itinerary in which the conditions are adverse.
For example, for sailing trips or day catamaran, we normally offer two types of routes:
- Route number 1: Tour of the best beaches and coves of Ibiza, starting from the bay of San Antonio. This route is usually more “sheltered” and therefore less susceptible to cancellations due to bad weather.
- Route number 2: Excursion from Ibiza to Ses Illetes beach in Formentera. This route is usually less “sheltered” and therefore more susceptible to being affected by bad weather, especially a deep sea, which makes the excursion uncomfortable or impossible.
In the event that a group had contracted route number 2, that is, the excursion from Ibiza to Formentera, and this could not be held due to adverse weather conditions of wind, wave or rain, and we could not find an alternative date, We would then go on to celebrate the excursion compulsorily following the other itinerary, route number 1, that of the best beaches in Ibiza, starting from the bay of San Antonio, as long as the weather conditions on this other route allow the excursion to be done comfortably and security for our clients.
In the event that customers decline this new itinerary offered due to weather conditions, they would not have the right to recover the amounts advanced to formalize the reservation.
1.3 Refund of the total of the advances delivered
In the event that the weather conditions prevent the excursion from being held and we cannot find an alternative date, nor can we offer a comfortable and safe alternative route, we will proceed to return the total amounts delivered in advance. The return will be made within 48 hours, by bank transfer to the account indicated by the client.
1.4 What do we consider adverse weather conditions?
Adverse weather conditions are those that either prevent the ship from leaving the port or prevent the excursion from taking place with full guarantees of safety and comfort for our clients. Come on, what we want is for you to spend an unforgettable day on board, but unforgettable “for good”, not “for bad”
Examples of adverse weather conditions
- Forecast of strong waves, with a wave height greater than 1.5 meters in the area where the boat excursion takes place.
- Forecast of strong wind with speeds above 25 knots.
- Forecast of heavy rain for a period of time greater than 20% of the total duration of the excursion.
Examples of weather conditions that are NOT adverse to navigation
- There is forecast that it is cloudy or there is little sun.
- There is a possibility of light rains for a period of less than 20% of the total excursion.
- We are cold because we have not read the instructions and we have not brought warm clothes.
1.5 First of all we will apply common sense
From XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX we will apply common sense above all. In no case will we force the excursion on a day in which our clients are not going to fully enjoy our boats and our islands, showing the greatest possible flexibility in terms of itineraries, schedules and collection points.
- Cancellation policy by the client
Below you can read the conditions for cancellations by customers:
2.1 Total cancellation
In the event that the client, for whatever circumstances, even force majeure (illness, flight loss, flight cancellation, theft at home, etc.), could not celebrate the contracted excursion, or the rental, he would partially or totally lose amounts delivered in deposit concept based on the following table:
- Notice prior to 6 months from the contracted date: 100% refund of the deposit delivered minus 10% of the total reservation for management costs (advertising, bank fees for payment and return, time of blocking the boat, etc.). For example, if a deposit of 500 euros is paid to reserve a boat with a total price of 1,000 euros, and it is notified with a period of more than 6 months, the total deposit (500 euros) will be refunded less 10% of the value of the reservation Total return 400 euros.
- Notice between 6 months and 30 days from the contracted date: 100% loss of the deposit delivered.
- Notice with a term of less than 30 days: The client will be obliged to pay 100% of the total value of the rental rate even if he does not enjoy the contracted boat.
2.2 Partial cancellation
2.2.1 Partial cancellation of the number of boats contracted
In the event that the client has several boats hired and for any type of reason the number of passengers is less than expected, the client will not be entitled to any refund, nor reduction in the total price of all reserved boats. You must pay 100% of all reserved boats, even if you do not use them, unless you notify us of this partial cancellation with a term of 60 days prior to the date of shipment.
In any case, as a sign of goodwill, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX will offer a larger boat for a price equivalent to the multiple small boats hired as long as there is availability.
2.2.2 Partial cancellation of the number of hours contracted for day-charter
In the event that the client has a contracted time slot and for any type of reason wishes to enjoy less time than the contracted, the client will not be entitled to any refund or reduction of the rental fee. You must pay 100% of all reserved boats, even if you do not use them, unless you notify us of this reduction within 15 days prior to the date of shipment.
2.2.3 Partial cancellation of the number of hours contracted for overnight stays
In the event that the client has a contracted number of days and for any type of cause wishes to enjoy a shorter period than the contracted, the client will not have the right to any refund, or reduction of the rental fee. You must pay 100% of the reserved period, even if you do not use it, unless you notify us of this reduction within 60 days prior to the date of shipment.
In the case of notifying within the necessary period, 60 days, a new rate will be applied in proportion to the days reserved. Normally for an original reservation of more days a lower price is offered, so by reducing the number of days it is possible that the price per day changes.
- Cancellation policy by the ship owner
Our company manages a mixed fleet of owned and operated boats. The boats under management belong to owners who entrust us with the management of customer reservations for the entire summer. Sometimes this booking management is not even exclusive, but they work with other booking agencies like us.
Therefore, in these cases, our company acts as a mere intermediary, being the management of the boat, the leasing and the payments sent directly to the ship owner. It is very rare but has it ever happened that any of the boats had a technical problem and could not be available for the contracted week. In that case or in any other in which the boat is not available for the contracted week, the lessor (the ship owner) would proceed to cancel the contract with return of all the amounts received so far, and without corresponding to the lessee or other passengers any compensation for this cancellation, refund of airline tickets, etc.